FOR MILLENNIA, TRAVELERS HAVE BEEN FASCINATED BY EGYPT and its tapestry of cultural and archaeological treasures unmatched anywhere in the world. With its temples, mummies, pyramids, exotic bazaars, and the Nile, Egypt is an open-air museum full of must-see places. We begin in Cairo and nearby Giza where we’ll see the phenomenal Pyramids of Giza—one of the Seven Ancient Wonders of the World—and the Great Sphinx. At Saqqara we’ll explore the site of ancient Memphis and the oldest of all pyramids, the Step Pyramid. Visit Cairo’s Museum of Egyptian Antiquities, home to the treasures of the Tomb of Tutankhamen, the Khan al-Khalili bazaar and travel to Abu Simbel to see the Great Temples built by Rameses II. On our cruise we’ll tour the temples of Komombo and Edfu, visit the Valleys of the Queens and Kings in Luxor and the Temples of Karnak. The mysteries and treasures of Egypt await!
*After deadline, call 617.338.1111 for availability
- Round-trip regularly scheduled flights Boston to JFK and JFK to Cairo
- Flight from Cairo to Abu Simbel, flight from Luxor to Cairo
- Five nights' five-star hotel accommodations
- Three nights' five-star Nile Cruise aboard Sonesta St. George 1 (or similar)
- Sixteen meals: eight breakfasts, two lunches, six dinners
- Escorted, private round-trip, airport/hotel transfers
- Services of professional local guides and assistants
- DAY 1 Overnight flight from Boston
- DAYS 2–4 Conrad Cairo Hotel, Cairo
- DAY 5 Hotel Movenpick Resort, Aswan
- DAYS 6–8 Sonesta St. George 1, Nile Cruise
- DAY 9 Conrad Cairo Hotel, Cairo
- DAY 10 Return flight to Boston
or similar accommodations
Average Minimum and Maximum Temperatures in Cairo, Egypt
(clicking on image will send you to the weather data website)
Pyramids of Cairo guided tour: Sakkara, Step Pyramid of Imhotep; Giza pyramids of Cheops, Mykerinos and Chephren, the Sphinx. Egyptian Museum, the Citadel, Kha al-Khalili bazaar. Abu Simbel: Great Temple of Abu Simbel and Temple of Hathor. Guided visit of Philae, felucca sail boat ride. Komombo: Temple of Horus and Sobek. Edfu: Temple of Horus. Luxor: The Valley of the Queens and The Valley of the Kings. The Temples of Karnak.
Pricing and Deposit:
Prices are per person, based on double occupancy. Single supplement is $710. Fuel surcharge, air taxes and fees subject to change. Passport and visa required. Per person deposit is $600. Additional deposit may be required at time of air ticket purchase.