Why do people visit France? Hmmm. If you have to ask, then you haven’t been there yet! So, let’s fix that. Our journey of a lifetime begins in Lyon—perhaps France’s best kept secret—with cobbled alleys, Parisian-style shopping and gourmet restaurants. Historic Avignon is next—with its 14th-century papal palace—before we settle in for two nights on the alluring Côte d’Azur in Nice. If the colorful houses of Arles look familiar, perhaps you recognize them from a Van Gogh canvas—the artist painted 200-odd works around town. Bordeaux, the world’s largest urban World Heritage Site, is also a wine capital surrounded by sun-drenched vineyards. Discover the gorgeous Loire Valley, an enchanted land of vineyards, floral gardens and storybook Renaissance châteaux, before traveling to the historic Normandy coast. Our holiday ends in Paris which might literally be indescribable, although countless artists and writers have given it their best! Now you’ll know why the world visits France!
*After deadline, call 617.338.1111 for availability
- Round-trip regularly scheduled flights from Boston to Lyon and Paris to Boston, via a connecting city
- Thirteen nights' accommodations
- Eighteen meals: thirteen breakfasts, five dinners with wine or beer
- Round-trip, airport/hotel transfers
- Services of professional Tour Director
- DAY 1 Overnight flight from Boston
- DAYS 2–3 Mercure Grand Hotel Saxe Lafayette, Lyon
- DAYS 4–5 AC Hotel, Nice
- DAY 6 Crowne Plaza Montpellier Corum, Montpelliera
- DAYS 7–8 Mercure Bordeaux Centre, Bordeaux
- DAYS 9–10 Novotel Amboise Hotel, Loire Valley
- DAYS 11–12 Hotel Mercure Cabourg Hippodrome, Normandy Region
- DAYS 13–14 AC Porte Maillot, Paris
- DAY 15 Return flight to Boston
or similar hotel accommodations
Average Minimum and Maximum Temperatures in Paris, France
(clicking on image will send you to the weather data website)
Lyon—Excursion to Pérouges. Nice—Evening in Monaco with dinner; Saint-Paul-De-Vence and Provençal dinner. Bordeaux—Dinner and wine tasting. Loire Valley—Dinner and wine tasting. Normandy region—D-Day Beaches. Paris—Seine River Cruise and dinner; Versailles Palace and Gardens. PARIS 2n post-tour extension $349 pp/do. OPTIONAL: Monet and landscapes of Giverny.
PRICING AND DEPOSIT
Prices are per person, based on double occupancy. $5,634 for single reservations. Fuel surcharge, air taxes and fees subject to change. Passport required. Per person deposit is $450.