Join us as we cross a cultural divide, exploring the art, history and culture of the Cuban people. We’ll begin in Havana, Cuba’s vibrant capital, then travel along the beautiful coastline of Cayo Santa María to the Spanish colonial city of Sancti Spíritus. Local artists, musicians, historians, naturalists, and students will show us their country from an insider’s perspective, opening up this lively island nation cut off from much of the western world for decades.
*After deadline, call 617.338.1111 for availability
- Round-trip regularly scheduled flights: Boston to Miami; Fort Lauderdale to Havana; Santa Clara to Fort Lauderdale, Miami to Boston (or similar flight schedule)
- Round-trip transfers from Miami to Fort Lauderdale
- Eight nights' accommodations
- 22 meals: eight breakfasts, seven lunches, seven dinners with wine or beer
- Round-trip, airport/hotel transfers
- Services of professional Tour Director
- DAY 1 Flight from Boston; Springhill Suites MIA Airport, Miami
- DAYS 2–4 H10 Havana Panorama, Havana
- DAYS 5–6 Ocean Casa del Mar by H10 Hotels, Cayo Santa Maria
- DAYS 7–8 Hotel del Rijo, Sancti Spíritus
- Day 9 Return flight to Boston
or similar hotel accommodations
Average Minimum and Maximum Temperatures in Havana, Cuba
(clicking on image will send you to the weather data website)
Havana tour including the historic districts and waterfront esplanade. Tour Old Havana including the National Museum of Fine Arts, enjoy traditional dance performances. Visit a cigar factory, take a salsa dance lesson. Visit Ernest Hemingway’s home Finca Vigía and meet with a local historian to discuss his works’ importance on Cuba and the U.S. Visit a craft market and meet the local artisans. Visit UNESCO-recognized Cienfuegos and the Bay of Pigs. Visit Caibarién, a sugar mill museum, steam train ride to Remedios. Visit Santa Clara, Che Guevara Museum. Santi Spíritus guided walking tour including School of Art. Visit town of Trinidad.
PRICING AND DEPOSIT
Prices are per person, based on double occupancy. $5,299 for single reservations. Fuel surcharge, air taxes and fees subject to change. Passport required. Per person deposit is $600.