ROME'S 3,000-year heritage is evident on every street of this historic and cultural masterpiece
where modern life blends with the antiquities of a lost empire. This year we've chosen fourstar
accommodations at the Hotel Universo, located less than a mile from the Trevi Fountain,
Colosseum and the Piazza di Spagna and a short walk from Porta Pia—an area full of
restaurants—and the fabulous Mercato Centrale Roma—a gourmet lovers food hall home to
18 food stands or botteghe del gusto serving up some of the city's most delicious fare right in
the Termini Train Station. While our independent programs are designed for you to experience
Rome on your own, we have a few suggestions! Don't miss the Borghese Museum—the art,
the gardens and the building are extravagantly beautiful. Head to the Campo dei Fiori outdoor
market at Piazza Navona—buy your wine, bread, cheese and enjoy a picnic as you people watch.
We've included "jump-the-line" tickets for the Vatican Museum. (Tip: mail your postcards from
inside Vatican City for the unique stamps and postmark.) The weather in November is perfect for
sightseeing and you're likely to encounter more Romans than tourists! You'll also discover that the
historic treasures of this immense open-air museum go hand-in-hand with Rome's more tangible
pleasures—legendary cuisine, cutting-edge fashion and shopping!
RESERVE BY : March 31, 2020
*After deadline, call 617.338.1111 for availability
- Round-trip, non-stop, regularly scheduled Alitalia Airlines flights from Boston to Rome (land only pricing available if you prefer to make your own air arrangements)
- Five nights' four-star accommodations: Hotel Universo (or similar)
- Breakfast daily
- Welcome dinner with wine at hotel
- Half-day guided panoramic motorcoach tour
- Half-day guided tour of Vatican and St. Peter's Basilica with "Skip-the-Line" admission
- Escorted, private, round-trip airport/hotel transfers
Pricing and Deposit
Prices are per person based on double occupancy. Single supplement is $330. We have a
limited number of single supplements
available at just $265. Call to reserve.
Triple accommodations may be
available upon request. Fuel
surcharge, air taxes and fees subject
to change. Passport required. Per
person deposit is $300.